TWTW - September 14th - 20th

 

Will be added to progressively through the week.

◊
Monday
---o---

Sitting in my bed

Planning out the coming day—

Coffee lubricant.


A long “to-do” list—

Is it some sort of illness,

To stay in control?


Just one little finch.

Where have the remainder gone?

Not bird flu, I hope.


Grey and overcast.

Factual, not critical.

Weather just happens.


A silent retreat.

Planned for later in the year.

I am curious.


Cut more glass pieces

The window is taking shape

I hope I can lift it.


Diet disarray—

It is too easy to snack.

Self-control failure.


The grass grows quickly.

I cut it a week ago.

It needs a new cut.


Her car has died.

I run a shuttle service.

Nice to be needed.


Tuesday
---o---

Mild, overcast morning.

The galahs in attendance.

Trains going somewhere.


Listening to Sammy— (3)

Advises me to dial down,

To reduce inputs.


Heading to Melbourne.

To listen to TEDx talks.

To broaden my mind.


A train full of people 

Some talk, some doze, most on phones 

Each in their own world.


At TEDx Melbourne-

Looking at analog life

In a digital age.


Rendezvous Hotel!

Not really a rendezvous

My lover came too.


Wednesday
---o---

The crisp white sheets 

Of a mid-city hotel.

A simple pleasure.


Not enough coffee!

Could go and ask for more—

Too lazy to dress.


Who is Macklemore? (4)

A man with moral values!

How unusual.


Margaret Preston.

Some lovely flower paintings.

Native work less so.


Granddaughter’s concert.

Loud and quite energetic.

It alarmed my watch. (1)


Thursday
---o---

Crisp sky, clear and blue.

Watch a morning train pass by.

Sip second coffee.


I am drying dates. (2)

It makes them much more chewy.

(Not Israeli dates.)


A defibrillator

Hangs on the theatre wall—

For horror movies?


Met Drew, a Scotsman.

Happy, affable character.

Spiritual guide.


The proposed trade-in—

I drove it to the showroom,

Remembered the clutch.


Steak, chips and coleslaw.

A treasured journal and pen.

Wordle number two.


An evening call.

She was sounding so happy

But so far away.


Friday
---o---

The electrician:

Not often seen in the wild,

Will he really come?


Finches came and went.

Only two though, should be more.

Finches don’t do ‘should’.


Galahs come and go.

Not sure what their problem is,

There is food out there.


Birds visit briefly.

Perhaps it’s a season thing:

Too much to choose from.


It’s peaceful out there.

So many different greens.

The bounty of spring.


Book was delivered—(5)

A free gift was included:

Whitening toothpaste.


It is eighteen years—(6)

So much has happened to me,

Sad I can’t tell you.


Three thirty three train—

Weary traveller returns.

Hugs on the station.


Saturday
---o---

A White cockatoo—

Threw a red bean-bag at it.

An indignant squawk.


A goodnight message

Not seen until next morning—

A message of love.


A birthday coming—

What to give as a good gift?

Parents suggest books.


Brandolini’s Law—

Negated by an AI.

Useful after all.


The wheat chromasomes.

An unexpected subject

On a Saturday.


Sunday
---o---

A walk in the bush—

Lots of flowers are in bloom.

Lizards are there too.


Kangaroos watch us,

Standing ears up and erect.

—from a safe distance.


Some strange bluestone cairns.

No-one can say their purpose.

A home for lichen. (7)


Notes & Explanations
---o---
1. It informed me that I was in a loud environment.
2. Medjool Dates, better than a Mars Bar.
3. Sam Harris
4. Never heard of him before.  Probably not my music but my morals.
5. The Lessons of History - nothing to do with teeth.
6. Dad died September 18th, 2008.
7. And lizards.

6 comments:

  1. Cool senyru, Cosmo. What a neat idea, to note the week in verse!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved the question around illness of control. Then there seemed none re snacks and dates. Nice reminder of the illusions. The city sheets and lover, the heart starter. All great highlights. Thank you for this. We are left wondering about the one finch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. https://rallentanda.blogspot.com/2026/09/senryu-sunday-september-20th.html.....
    You are showcased this week ! Normally the successful poet gets to be a guest of honour at a lunch hosted by Gina and Pauline but they are unavailable for the next few years. Please don't take this personally.

    ReplyDelete

  4. https://rallentanda.blogspot.com/2026/09/senryu-sunday-september-20th.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, what a mighty effort! Don't think I could keep it up for long. I loved the Sunday ones best of all. (Perhaps because they seem more like haiku than senryu.)

    ReplyDelete